Have you ever had your Internet stop working? Most often, a ‘reboot’ resolves this issue, and is always your first line of defense for restoring your Internet connection. Let’s get started:
- Locate your cable modem. In most cases this will be an upright blue or black box that says Motorola on it.
- Unplug the power cord from the back of the cable modem. Make sure the lights go off. DO NOT change any other wiring — the colored wires must stay as they are for your Internet to work properly.
- Leave the device turned off for about two minutes.
- Plug the power cord into the device. Once the lights on the front of it stabilize, there will be four solid green lights and the bottom amber light will be blinking.
- Check to see if your Internet is back up and running.
- If this did not correct the issue, follow this same process with your phone device and wireless router. Be very careful to plug the correct power cords into the proper devices.
- Just like computers, these connectivity devices do occasionally need rebooted in this manner. Fluctuations in your electrical service can also affect them, so if the power has blinked at your house, be sure to reboot your cable modem, phone adapter, and wireless router.
- As always, if you need further assistance don’t hesitate to call our office for help at 814-726-9462.