WestPAnet Cable Delivered Services Acceptable Use Policy
Notice: WestPAnet,Inc., may revise these Terms of Service from time to time without giving notice by simply changing the information in this webpage. Our customers should consult this page regularly to ensure that they understand the most recent terms. Customer’s use of the WestPA.net service indicates agreement with all of the Terms of Service included in this document. These Terms of Service represent the entire agreement between WestPAnet,Inc. (hereinafter called WestPA.net) and the customer. You agree to use WestPA.net in a manner consistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations as well as these WestPA.net Terms of Service.
Billing and Payments
Payment – Your payment is due by the 1st day of each month. If payment is not received by the 10th of the month, a $5 late fee will be applied to your account. If payment is not received by the 15th of the month, WestPA.net will suspend access to cable services for your account(s) without further notice. After disconnection, an additional fee of $40 plus monthly billing must be paid before reconnecting to the cable system.
Snowbird Hold – Any Television or Internet Service (not Phone) can be placed “on hold” by calling our office. The purpose of our “Snowbird hold” is to allow you to maintain your email account while away for an extended period. An account can be put on hold for periods of no less than 1 month. Putting your account on hold is free, however customer will be charged a $40 fee to reconnect their service(s) when they return.
Service Cancellation – If customer wants to cancel their service with WestPA.net, the customer of record must contact WestPA.net in person or via telephone on or before the date they wish to cancel. Any equipment in the possession of the customer must be returned before cancellation can occur. This includes the cable modem, rented VOIP phone adapters, and rented wireless routers. Any unpaid balances must be paid prior to cancellation.
Refunds – If any refund is due, it will be made within 30 days of customer cancellation.
WestPA.net believes in our customer’s privacy. We do not monitor customer e-mail or activities. We do not sell or release personal information to third parties except as required to provide a service or as required by law! WestPA.net does not sell or share your personal information with others.
Information regarding customer’s credit card or bank account numbers will not be used or disclosed other than for the purposes for which such information was collected, or as required by law.
Unacceptable Customer Practices
– Cable Television – Customer’s cable television service is provided to customer for use in customer’s home or business. The following actions are strictly prohibited and are grounds for immediate termination of customer’s access and/or legal action:
– Sharing television signal with neighbors. Sharing television signal with other tenants (if apartment building).
– Unauthorized Connection. Customer reconnecting their television cable to the WestPA.net cable system when they are not currently a customer. Legal action will be taken.
– Tampering with or damaging cable equipment, wiring, filters, etc.
– Cable or Fiber High Speed Internet – WestPA.net provides high speed modem connections and other services appropriate for general consumer use. As with all Internet services, the use of our equipment is shared among all subscribers and the benefits provided must be balanced with duties and responsibilities so that all users can rely on them for a productive experience. In general, WestPA.net prohibits activities that are illegal, infringe the rights of others, or interfere with the provision or delivery of service to others. This includes targeted DOS or DDOS attacks to any user. The following actions are strictly prohibited and are grounds for immediate termination of your Internet access:
– Sharing Customer Internet connection outside their home.
– Using their WestPA.net account or e-mail sent from or through the WestPA.net system to harass, threaten or interfere.
– Illegally downloading or distributing copyrighted material via customer’s Internet connection
– Committing, or discussing with the intention to commit, illegal activities
– Transmission or maintenance on any WestPA.net servers, material, information or software in violation of any local, state or federal law
– Attempting to gain unauthorized access to any part of the WestPA.net system or in any way tampering without permission.
– Access any other person’s computer or computer system, network, software, or data without his or her knowledge and consent.
– Spamming – We define spamming as sending the same unsolicited email to more than twenty-five (25) email recipients.
– Web hosting, file sharing, or running any type of server over a cable connection.
– Falsifying any information provided to WestPA.net.
– VOIP Phone Service — using your phone service to harass others by repeated dialing is not permitted. Using (or allowing someone else to use) your phone service for robocalling will result in immediate termination of your service. We take robocalling seriously, and will not tolerate robocalls or robo texts of any kind on our network.
Whenever appropriate, WestPA.net will attempt to give notice of a violation to allow the offending party to remedy the problem prior to action. However, WestPA.net reserves the right to take whatever immediate action our personnel deem necessary. Violations of these Terms may result in blocked access, termination of service(s) or other appropriate actions as solely determined by WestPA.net. Refunds or credits are not issued in connection with any action resulting from violations of these Terms.
Customer agrees to indemnify WestPA.net for any losses, costs, damages, or attorneys’ fees incurred by WestPA.net and relating to, or arising out of your breach of this section. Nothing contained in these Terms of Service shall be construed to limit WestPA.net‘s actions or remedies in any way.
Optical or Cable Modem
The WestPA.net network provides a high level of reliability, stability and security for our Fiber Internet, Cable Internet and Phone Subscribers. The optical or cable modem is a critical element in that system which we constantly evaluate for security, compatibility and performance. WestPA.net rents the cable modem to the customer at $3.95 + PA Sales Tax per month. This rental fee covers the maintenance and support of the cable modem. Therefore, WestPA.net does not allow customer supplied cable modems to be activated.
We expect that our customers will use suitable virus scanning software to prevent the spread of computer related viruses. Viruses are typically spread through email. If we determine that your computer is sending viruses, we will notify you. Once notified, you will have 24 hours to fully scan your system and eradicate the offending virus. Should we determine that you have not performed this necessary function, we will suspend your Internet connection until such time as you can assure us that you have removed the virus.
WestPA.net provides email services using industry accepted email server software on servers that are maintained. WestPA.net makes every attempt to give the customer dependable email services. But WestPA.net DOES NOT make any specific promises or warranties that customer’s email services will be continually available, free from problems, or meet their needs. WestPA.net provides the customer with email service on an “as-is” basis. To prevent possible loss, WestPA.net recommends that customers remove all email from their mailbox on the Westpa.net email server on a regular basis. WestPA.net accepts no liability for any customer emails lost due to equipment problems, human errors, or any other reason.
WestPA.net considers email accounts that have not been accesses in any 6 month period as abandoned and reserves the right to delete those email accounts without notice.
Disclaimer of Warranty
WestPA.net services are provided on an “as available” basis. WestPA.net does not make any warranties, express or implied, nor guarantee or imply that the operation of WestPA.net will be uninterrupted or error-free or that defects in WestPA.net will be corrected. No oral or written information or advice given by WestPA.net or its agents, or employees shall create a warranty or in any way increase the scope of this warranty.
Limitation of Liability
Under no circumstances will WestPA.net be liable for any incidental, consequential, or indirect damages (including, but not limited to, damages for loss of Business profits, Business interruption, loss of programs or information, and the like) arising out of the use of or inability to use any WestPA.net service, or information or software contained on WestPA.net computers or transmitted through WestPA.net’s network, even if WestPA.net or its authorized representatives have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
WestPA.net’s liability to you, for actual damages for any cause whatsoever and regardless of the form of the action, will be strictly limited to the service fees paid to WestPA.net by you or on your behalf for the period in which the alleged damages occurred.